After the huge success of BB creams in India, Maybelline came up with BB stick. It has been really appreciated in the blogosphere. I had to put it to test and it passed with flying colors.
What’s a BB Stick & how is it different from Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream ?
- FLAWLESS, RADIENT SKIN + 12HR SHINE CONTROL + 8 BENEFITS IN JUST 1 STEP!EASY TO USE
- Mineral clay formula guarantees 12hr shine control.
- Contains Saliccylic acid to manage combination & oily skin.
- Provides a soft, matte and radient finish.
- Sweat-resistant and sebum – resistant formula leaves skin fresh all day.
- Hides appearance of pores & imperfection.
- Contains SPF 21/PA+++ that protects skin from sun damage.
- Instantly evens skin tone.
- Provides a power-light feel on skin.
- Easy to use.
- DERMATOLOGIST TESTED
- WONT CLOG PORES
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES INCLUDING SENSITIVE SKIN
- ALLERGY TESTED
- SUITABLE FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN
Expert Tips On How to apply BB Stick :
- Swipe BB Stick on your forehead, nose, cheeks and chin.
- Blend in an outward direction towards hairline and jawline using quick, short strokes.
- Finally, you could also apply a little Kajal and Lip Balm for a great natural look
My Review :
The Maybelline ClearGlow BB stick comes in a similar color packaging of turquoise blue and bright pink as the Maybelline BB cream however, it comes in a twist stick packaging. I HEART the packaging of this stick. It is sturdy, super cute and would need only a tiny space in your clutch / purse. The stick packing also makes it very convenient to use.
The is texture super soft, smooth and glides on like a dream against my skin. It blends effortlessly with just a couple of strokes and give a matte finish leaving my skin velvet soft to touch. It however, doesn’t stay matte ans settle in fine lines after an hour if not set with powder. The compact / powder will help you stay matte for around 3 hours and will need a touch up post that.
Maybelline ClearGlow BB Stick comes in two variants named Radiance and Fawn. I initially thought that Fawn is a bit darker for me but after swathing Radiance, I think Fawn will flatter most Indian skin tones. Radiance has pink undertones and Fawn has yellow which is why it’ll suit most of us.
Maybelline ClearGlow BB Stick has low to medium coverage and can be build up as required. I like to apply it all over my face and dab some extra on the blemishes and dark spots. It covers up light blemishes fine lines very well but you would need concealer for those stubborn marks. I LOVE the way it minimizes the appreance of my pores and helps with the under eye shadows. I have recently started using it as a makeup base and it works amazingly great.
I haven’t noticed any brightening effect on my skin but it does give a radiant glow. Oh, it also has SPF 21/PA+++ which saves time in lavering product and Salicyclic acid helps a bit with acne. I just wish there were more shades available.
Overall, I am super pleased with Maybelline ClearGlow BB Stick. I think its an all rounder and will be great for everyday use especially for college girls. I think its a must have and I highly recommend this product to everyone out there.
Why I liked it ?
- Attractive, sturdy packaging.
- Travel friendly.
- Smooth texture.
- Super blend-able.
- Matte finish.
- Build able coverage.
- Cover blemishes and imperfections.
- Contains SPF 21/PA+++ and Salicyclic.
- Easy on pocket.
Why I didn’t like it ?
- Have to set it with powder to avoid shine.
- Only 2 shades available.
Maybelline ClearGlow BB Stick is priced at 250 and is easily available online and at Maybelline counters.
Do you own Maybelline ClearGlow BB Stick ? Share you thought about it in the comments below.