Lipton Green Tea Mocktails – Tasty & Healthy!
Green tea! What comes to your mind when you hear it? The first thing is surely the many benefits it has. The second for me was the not so good taste. Well the second one has changed for me now and I guess it would be Lipton for you guys as well by the end of the post.
Okay so as we all know green tea has numerous benefits from preventing heart diseases, reducing cholesterol, preventing cancer etc etc. But what catches my attention has to be the skin benefits. So let us talk about a few skin care benefits it provides.
- ANTIOXIDANT: Premature ageing is not an uncommon thing these days.
Mostly caused due to exposure to sun and pollution everywhere. The antioxidants in green tea helps us to stay young for longer.
- NO MORE ACNE: Geeen tea contains an antibacterial ingredient, catechin which also regulates our hormonal levels preventing breakouts.
- SUN PROTECTION: Green tea reduces the incident of skin burn caused by the damaging UV rays, making it a powerful ingredient for those who spend a lot of time in the sun.
- ANTI WRINKLE: with growing age, our skin cells tend to rejuvenate slower which leads to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Green tea helps slower this process leaving gor us bright and youthful skin.
So these were the most important skin care benefits of green tea. Hey wait! Don’t throw those teabags already. Use them over your eyes for a soothing effect and it also reduces the under eye swelling, if any.
Now you guys must have read all these benefits 100 times, but what about the taste, you ask me? Well Lipton comes with a solution for that too.They have introduced few interesting mock-tail recipes which would only leave you craving for some more green tea! Here’s some for you to try at your home or to impress your friends.. This summer ditch the fizzy sodas and say yes to healthy refreshing indulgence with Lipton Green Tea.
Read on to learn more about these cool and fruity Lipton green tea thirst quenchers that promise to keep you hydrated and fight that fat!
Chillers for the summer:
- Green Tea Kiwi and Mango Smoothie
Enjoy a colorful smoothie prepared by mashing your favorite season fruits kiwi and mangoes and you are ready to enjoy a tasty drink.
- Diced Mango (frozen)- 2 ½ cups
- Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt- ¾ cup
- Honey- ¼ cup
- Lime Rind (grated)- ½ tsp
- Ripe Kiwifruit (peeled and quartered)- 3
- Baby Spinach (packed)- ½ cup
- Lipton Green Tea bags- 2 tbsp
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Ice Cubes- 2 cups
- In a blender place diced mango, ½ cup yogurt, water, lime, 2 tbsp of honey and process the mixture until smooth and stir it occasionally.
- Drop the mixture in four different glasses and place it in freezer.
- Again in a blender place ¼ cup yogurt, 2 tbsp honey, kiwifruit, baby spinach and the remaining ingredients, and repeat the same procedure.
- Spoon this green- tea mixture onto the mango mixture and garnish the drink with kiwi fruit slices. Serve the drink immediately.
2. Green- Tea Cranberry Spritzer
Refresh your day with a refreshing cranberry spritzer.
- Lipton Green Tea Bags- 4
- Cranberry juice- ½ cup
- Soda (Chilled)- 3 cups
- Water- 1/3 cup
- Add Lipton green tea bags in 2 cups of boiling water for 2 minutes, remove bags and cool it completely. Add Cranberry juice and divide the tea in four different ice- filled glasses.
- Top it with chilled soda
3. Green Tea and Blue Berry Smoothie
This smoothie contains all the ingredients that boost up your energy and burn that fat off your waist. This smoothie is just yummy and satisfying to all you smoothie lovers.
- Lipton Green Tea Bags- 2
- Fresh blueberries- 2 cups
- Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt- 12 ozs
- Almonds (dry, roasted, unsalted) – 2 tbsp
- Flax seeds- 2 tbsp
- Water- ¾ cups
- Ice Cubes- 3
- Boil water, pour over the Lipton green tea bags for about 4 minutes, squeeze and remove the tea bags, chill the tea overnight
- If using fresh blueberries you need to place it in freezer overnight.
- Place all the ingredients in blender, process until smooth and divide the smoothie in ice filled glasses.
4. Iced Green Tea
This is a simple low-calorie recipe that leaves you refreshing, chilled and it lowers the risk of diabetes. The flavor of this recipe refreshes you as soon as you just sip it.
- Lipton Green Tea Bags – 6 to 8
- Boiling water – 4 cups
- Cold water – 2 cups
- Artificial sweetener (non- caloric) – ½ cup
- Pour boiling water in a pan over the tea bags and steep for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the tea bags and remove them from the water
- Add sweetener to cold water and stir in 2 minutes until the sweetener dissolves.
- Let the tea come to room temperature and is now ready to serve.
This summer let Lipton help you stay cool & refreshed!
Do let me know if you try any of the Lipton Green Tea recipes above! Would love to know your favorite amongst the FIVE!