I present to you Shikha’s entry for the Lakme Skin Stylist Contest. I absolutely loved the day to night look she has created with the kit. Read more to check the step by step tutorial by her.
Shikha “This is my entry for the contest. I begin with a simple look for the office and then transition it to an evening look.
1. First I apply the Lakme CC cream in Beige all over my face (including over and under the eyes) with my fingers. I do this as the warmth of the fingers will help to spread the product better and merge it with the skin. I then conceal as and where required.
2. Now we will do the eye look. Apply a base for the shadow and if you dont have any then do what I did and that was to use a thin layer of vaseline. Your lids should feel moisturized but not sticky. Then taking a pencil brush and the purple shade from the Lakme Silk Route Quad apply it in the crease line as shown in the pic. Now taking an eyeshadow brush apply the light pink shade over the lid area. You can go back in with the purple once again to deepen it a little more. Now I line my waterline with the Lakme Eyeconic kajal in black and coat my upper lashes with some mascara.
3. Moving to the lips, I coat them with Lakme 9 to 5 lipcolor in Candy Closure. To add a little depth to the color I take a little of the purple shadow from the quad on my finger and tap the color on the center of both my upper and lower lip. I merge this a little with the base color to give it a gradient effect. Then I take a clear gloss on my finger and tap it over the purple shade again in the center of the lips. Lightly blend it using my fingers. These steps help me achieve a slight gradient look and dimension to the base color.
4. Next I apply Lakme Face Sheer in Dessert Rose on my cheeks lightly to finish the look. The office look is now ready!
5. But we are not done yet…now with just a few additional steps Im going to show how one can transform this day look to a glamorous evening look. We start off by using a damp pencil brush and the black shade from the Lakme Silk Route Quad. Fill in the inner part of the lid leaving the center alone. Remember the brush should be damp and not wet. This is done to intensify the color. Next using the same I fill in the outer part of the lid again leaving the center alone. I then use the brush to give a cateye shape with the black. Next we take the pink from the quad and dab it in the center. Taking Lakme Fantasy Shimmer liner in Glimmer Blue line the lower lid as shown and use the same to line part of the cateye on the outer half, again we will leave the center portion. Taking the black shadow we will fill it on the lower lid in the center. Next line the upper lid and waterline with the Lakme Eyeconic kajal in black and freshen up the mascara.
6. I add some Lakme Absolute Plump & Shine in Plum shine on my lips and darken the Dessert Rose. So now the face is done. Time to let down your hair, add some Lakme 9 to 5 nail color in Red Alert, thrown on some accessories and you are ready to step out in style and burn the dance floor!
Hope you liked my tutorial. Take care. “
I LOVED both the looks you created Shikha. You look gorgeous ! 🙂 What do you think girls ?