Event: Gillette Venus Bloggers Meet & My #SubscribeToSmooth Challenge
Do you Wax or do you Shave? I do both! However, I find the later to be more easy and convenient! So when Gillette team invited me for this event, I jumped up and said that I already use & love it! However, there are so many myth’s when it comes to shaving and I released that even more when I attended this event. Hence, I thought of creating a series of post to share my experience & to help everyone overcome any doubts when it comes to shaving.
Coming back to the event, the event was held at the Palladium Hotel and was the theme was Nautical and everyone was seen sporting hues of blues. The photo booth with a ship and ocean in the background was everyone’s favorite spot at the event. Gillette Venus brand ambassador Kriti Sanon participated in a panel discussion along with renowned dermatologist Dr. Rashmi Shetty and beauty expert Namrata Soni to enlighten women on the tips and techniques of shaving and how it’s one of the most hassle free and painless methods of female hair removal.
Speaking about Gillette Venus, Kriti Sanon said, “I have always followed a strict regime when it comes to taking care of my skin. Just the way I choose my films only after being confident about the script, I also adopt methods in my beauty regime only after being absolutely convinced about its results. Gillette Venus products have always been skin friendly owing to the unique design and distinctive features that perfectly suit a woman’s needs. The best part of shaving is that its hassle free and takes minimal time and enables one to be ready for any occasion at all times”.
During the panel discussion Dr. Rashmi Shetty and beauty expert Namrata Soni came together to highlight the various benefits of shaving as the most effective method for hair removal. Sharing her insights, Dr. Rashmi Shetty said, “I am pleased to be a part of this session, where I was given an opportunity to break the age old myths around shaving for women. Majority of women have apprehensions with regards to shaving. Many of whom I have interacted with believe that shaving will make their skin become darker or that their hair would grow faster and thicker which is why they refrain from it. However, in reality hair growth is determined by one’s genetic and hormonal makeup. I am confident that from platforms like these we will be able to bust such myths and impart knowledge about how shaving is one of the safest methods.”
Commenting on the session, Namrata Soni said, “From time to time, rumors and myths have been discussed around shaving. I was very happy to share my experience as my profession has given me the opportunity to work with various Indian and international models and I have seen that shaving has become a part of their beauty regime. The basic essential to achieve a healthy skin is to use the right kind of products in the right manner. While hair removal is a key part of everybody’s beauty regime, we need to also ensure that we use the method that best suits our skin type. Personally, I believe that shaving is one of the safest and most convenient methods and is suitable for all types of skins”.
Although I have to reach to my shaving kit a lot more often than I would like but it is quick, easy and pain free. My skin is sensitive and waxing, if not done right makes my skin red and itchy. That is another reason why I prefer shaving so often. I would also like to emphasize on the point that I always shave in the shower (wet shaving)
I do not recommend using Men’s razor to shave because they are not meant for our skin. Invest in a good shaver which comes with removable heads so you don’t have to hurt your pocket every time to shave.
In the coming posts, I intend to cover everything I know about shaving and clear your doubts so don’t forget to leave your comments below! I would also love to do a video on my shaving routine if you guys want me to. 🙂 Meanwhile, do read the below Dos and Don’ts of shaving:
Dos and Don’ts of Shaving
- Do stretch and shave – The underarm skin and behind your knees is supple and flexible to allow movement at these jointed areas, which can make it harder to shave as the skin moves with the razor. To keep these areas as taut as possible for a cleaner shave, stretch your arm up and reach your hand behind your shoulder, and pull your leg straight.
- Don’t soak in the bath for too long before shaving – The skin will over-hydrate and swell slightly as it begins to absorb water. This will compromise the smoothness of the shave. The optimum time for a pre-shave soak is approximately one to two minutes.
- Don’t apply too much pressure on your razor – A precision made female razor like Gillette Venus is designed to glide with minimum effort over the skin’s surface. Forcing the razor can end up leaving you with nicks.
- Don’t worry about direction – Modern razors are so effective that you can shave in any direction that feels comfortable to you. However the hairs on our underarm area grow in random directions so for a truly clean shaven feeling you need to work in a variety of directions also.
- Do leave fiddly bits until last – Ankles, back of knees and thighs are best dealt with as you get into the flow of a shave and are most in control of the razor
- Do store your razor correctly – Store your razor in an upright position and somewhere dry. Do not leave it on the bath side in pools of water as this is a breeding ground for bacteria
- Don’t rub your razor to try to clean it with brushes or towels simple rinsing should do the job – You could blunt the blade and damage the coatings – these blades are incredibly fine and you need that coating