Smokey Eyes is the most popular makeup look ever. It’s sexy, sultry and suits everyone in the universe. However, many beginners get scared to start of with the intense black smokey eyes look. If you’re amongst the same, worry not. You can try the step by step soft smokey eyes tutorial below to start of with. You’d love it !
Let’s start !
1. Clean & Conceal the eyes.
2. Apply primer to prevent smudging and longevity of the makeup.
3. Black a think layer of Black Liner on your upper lash line. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
4. Smudge the edges using a pencil brush. Pat some black eye shadow along the lash line to make it more intense.
5. Using a brown eyeshadow, blend it in the crease.
6. Blend, blend, blend ! This is how it should look like.
7. Apply the same black kohl on your lower lash line & waterliner.
8. Blend the kohl on your lower lash line to create a soft line.
9. This is how it should look like after blending.
10. Apply highlighter in the inner corner of your eyes and brow bone. (You can skip this step but since I’ve small eyes, I like to highlight them to make my eyes look a little bigger).
11. Curl and apply mascara.
12. Finish by grooming and filling in your brows.
Here’s the completed look of soft smokey eyes !
Products used to create the Easy Soft Smokey Eyes :
For Face, I used :
- MAC Matchmaster Foundation.
- MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder.
- MAC Ripe For Love Blush. (Temperature Rising)
For Eyes, I used :
- MAC Prep + Prime Eye Primer in ‘Medium’
- MAC Smolder Eye Kohl
- MAC Carbon Eye Shadow
- MAC Embark Eye Shadow
- MAC Ricepaper Eye Shadow (Highlighter)
- MAC Brun Eye Shadow (Eye Brows)
- MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara.
For Lips, I used :
- MAC Chicory Lip Pencil
- MAC Taupe Matte Lipstick
I hope you like the tutorial I created for beginners and found it easy to follow. 🙂 Do let me know if you’ve any makeup tutorial request.