Easy, Inexpensive Hair Masks At Home
Try these Easy, simple, inexpensive hair masks at home to treat your dry, damaged hair
Does your bad hair days last an entire weekend ? Then your hair is not only screaming for attention but is also in need of some tender loving care. Don’t wait for the weekend to treat damaged hair. There are simple, effective ways (which are not time-consuming) to care for your hair through the week. They are also quite inexpensive and no, you don’t have to go hunting for some exotic ingredients either. The solution to your bad hair day lies in your kitchen.
Hair conditioners help smoothen unruly hair and make them look neat and silky. They are usually applied on the lower half of the hair strands.
Although the market is flooded with options, we know they are loaded with chemicals. When you can achieve the same effect by using natural ingredients available in your home, why buy those expensive products?
You don’t need to buy the priciest conditioners on the market to moisturize and revitalize your hair — just whip up a wonderful homemade hair mask from ingredients you’ll find right in your kitchen. The bonus? These all-natural moisturizer add softness and shine to your hair without using a single chemical. Here’s how to get started.
Here are some do-it-yourself hair conditioning treatments:
Homemade hair mask:
Egg mask: Egg yourself on. Courtesy, its high protein content, egg masks work best for damaged and dry hair.
- Scramble two eggs with one tablespoon of water or baby oil and work through the mixture into damp hair.
- Let it soak in for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and use a mild shampoo afterwards to get rid of the eggy smell.
Avocado mask: Say hello to super silky hair with this one…
- Put a pitted avocado, one tablespoon honey and two tablespoons baby or olive oil in a blender. Make a smoothy.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse and shampoo.
Banana mask: Go bananas to get that ultra-soft and mushy hair. If you find avocado a little too exotic and hard to procure, banana is the one for you.
- Mash one banana and mix it well with one beaten egg, three tablespoons honey, three tablespoons milk and five tablespoons olive oil.
- Apply on hair and wash off with a gentle shampoo after 15 to 30 minutes depending on the extent of hair damage.
Banana and almond mask :
- Add a few drops of almond oil to one mashed ripe banana.
- Mix it well and massage it thoroughly into hair.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo after 15 to 30 minutes.
Mayonnaise mask: Your favourite mayo is a pure delight not only in your sandwiches but for your hair too. Thicken your hair while you condition with a hair mask made of mayo. (The mayo also makes a killer defrizzer.)
- Apply a cup of mayonnaise on your damp hair and wrap your head with a semi-hot towel.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and shampoo it as usual. You can even swap mayo with yogurt to get a similar effect.
- Remove the yolk from an egg and beat the egg white till it is nice and frothy.
- Add six tablespoons of yogurt to the potion.
- Massage it into hair and wait 15 to 30 minutes for the magic to unveil.
- Wash out with a mild shampoo.
Milk and honey mask
- All you need to do is mix a tablespoon of honey with a cup of full fat milk.
- Apply evenly on hair.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo after 15 minutes.
- You need to keep fenugreek seeds overnight in a little water, enough to soak them not drown them.
- Grind the seeds to a fine paste the next morning and apply it to your hair.
- Wash it out with a mild shampoo after 15 to 20 minutes.
.Honey Mask : Get a little honey. A sweet conditioning mask.
- Mix equal parts honey and olive oil.
- You’ll need to rub the mask into your hair and wrap your locks in plastic wrap.
- Shampoo after 30 minutes.
Hair masks are easy to make and apply. All you need is a little time to be the proud owner of healthy, lustrous hair.