DIY Vitamin C Serum
I am a huge fan of Vitamin C serum. It works as a blessing for my skin. It is the prime ingredient of collagen, the substance that binds cells together. It works as an excellent antioxidant and it also protects the skin from sun damaging. It strengthens the skin barrier and thickens the dermis. It will plum your skin making is radiant and flawless. It also helps to prevent wrinkles.
Kindly note that l-ascorbic acid (pure vitamin C) is subject to oxidation when it comes in contact with sin and air. We need at least 5% of potency in the formulation. Today, we will make our very own fresh and potent Vitamin C serum with 5% which should last more than a week. you can increase the potency once your skin starts getting used to it. It’s very easy to make so your can make your every week.
- 1/4 tsp Pure vitamin C powder (l-ascorbic acid)
- 2 tsp Distilled water. ( I use green tea / rose-water )
- 1 tsp Glycerine.
- 1 Vitamin E gel capsule
- An empty dark coloured glass bottle.
- Mix l-ascorbic acid and water in the bottle directly.
- Shake well.
- Add Glycerine.
- Cut the Vitamin E capsule and add to the mixture above.
Voila ! We’re done. Easy peasy, isn’t it ? Just make sure you store the bottle in cool and dark place to prevent oxidation.